Sunday, June 4, 2017

COUNTRY WISDOM---the old ways are best.

Dear friends and readers,

I am working on several very interesting articles all of which require much research.  Two weeks ago I published an article entitled "MY HEART TO YOURS".   Well amigos, it surprised me how many people read that article and how many comments were received.  Obviously lot's of folks need some light hearted encouragement. (Myself in included!)  I had made a point that sometimes with all the bad news in the world coming at us at light speed, it is important to step back and see some hope through God's creation.  That resonated  with many of you so while I am doing research this week I thought I would publish a short article with an old fashioned "COUNTRY" touch. As you may have guessed by now, I am an old fashioned country guy at heart and sometimes we need reminders of simpler times,  so---

ENJOY!

A fella passed me by today and asked how I was doin.   I said well, I'm just finer than frog hair thank you.  He said, didn't  know frogs wore hair?  I said, well that's the point ain't it.  If you gotta think about how you are, you ain't doin very good.



"Cowboy 10 Commandments":

1). Just one God...and nuthin before Him.

2). Watch yer mouth.

3). Git yerself to Sabbath meetin.

4). Honer yer Ma and Pa.

5). No killin. Course it's best ya don't touch my daughter neither!

6). No fooling around with another fellas gal.

7). Don't take what ain't yers.

8). No tellin tails or gossipin.

9). Don't be hankering after yer neighbors place.

10). Don't be hankerin fer yer buddy's horse, saddle nor other stuff.





Met a young feller tother day. He gave me one of those wimpy little girlie hand shakes. I said, git back here lad and turn my knuckles white!

If a man's word ain't no good, he ain't no good.

Don't try and pull the wool over this ole boy's eyes amigo. Lyin is lyin!

If it ain't worth doing well, don't do it at all.

What y'all mean you can't? Figure it out.

Lazy is lazy in any man's lingo.

If my horse or dawg don't like you I probably won't neither.



COWGIRL: Don't git yerself in a dither cowboy, I was lookin at yer horse!

COWBOY: Can't figure how all you gals is named "Wrangler".

TRUE STORY: Knew a fella one time used to go out regular, get drunk and beat his wife. Passed out one night and she broke both his arms and legs with a ball bat. He quit drinkin and been happy ever since. Some folks just gotta learn the hard way.

Don't hand me that load of whoee, this ain't my first rodeo.

You can lead a politician to water but you can't make him think.

BIBLE: God spake all these here words, don't fool with em.



Country folks rules to live by;

1). Never hate, ain't worth it.

2). Don't worry, ain't worth it.

3). Live simple, it's worth it.

4). Expect a little, give a lot.

5). Always smile, my wife said so.

6). Love those that you can and put up with tothers.

7). Don't squat on yer spurs.

8). Fer you young cow pokes; Ain't a good idea to whiz on the lectric fence.



Country by choice.

Lookin fer a stable relationship? Git yerself a horse!

Cowboy by birth, Christian by grace of God!

Defend yer liberty or loose it.

Keep yer 6 shooter clean and yer powder dry.

Quit yer braggin and saddle that bronc.

Two things you will find on the back off a bull. A fly and a fool.

It's downright dangrous to stand between a man and his coffee.



Old Cowboy to young whippersnapper:  I got more time chucking cow pies than you got at the chuck wagon.

Woa nellie.

If you want a pack of trouble, just kick that puppy, hurt that horse or beat yer wife.

Fer tall hombres: Mind yer head pilgrim.

Don't even think about touchin a man's hat!



A man's handshake ain't no good if he don't keep his word.

The latest consensus report shows 3 out of 4 folks make up 3/4 of the population.

Don't take yourself too serious or no one else will.

Theres a little bit of cowboy or cowgirl in all of us. Sometimes the old timy ways is best. Let her rip amigo's.

God bless,
Pastor Rance.
The wannabe cowboy poet.















1 comment:

Jo Sand said...

Thanks so much for the grins and giggles! You make a great cowboy!